How To Use IV Organic: 3-in-1 & White Wash Products
IV Organic was founded on the gardening concept of “whitewashing” — simply lightening your plants to better tolerate weather extremes, transplant shock & so much more! Such a valuable gardening practice, that farmers have been ‘doing it’ since BC-Times. However, in recent years, most research has been “caring” for their plants and trees using latex & tar-based products, products which are designed to last about a hundred years, but fall of your plants within 1-2 years as your plants grow contaminating your organic soil, indefinitely. IV Organic gives organic gardeners & organic orchards an ORGANIC & HEALTHIER alternative. Also, unlike latex & tar-based products, IV Organic dries on porous allowing moisture and nutrients to pass so that coated surfaces, such as grafting wounds and pruned branches, WILL NOT rot.
Available in color white, or more natural-looking colors brown & green. White naturally reflects the most amount of heat, but all colors offer protection to unprotected surfaces from the elements.
IV Organic has 2 general categories of “WhiteWash” Products: “3-in-1 Plant Guard” which includes 7 natural oils (which offer insect & rodent repellent protection) AND the “WhiteWash” oil-FREE formula. Both products offer protection from Summer Sunburn & Winter Sunscald– and can be used as a Tree Paste, Brush-On or Foliar Spray (for total plant protection, including leaves & stems), depending on the amount of water added to the product. BOTH products also have Diatomaceous Earth in the base ingredients which naturally offers some insect repellent protection, too! FOR BEST RESULTS, ONLY MIX AS MUCH AS YOU INTEND TO APPLY. IF A 1/2 CAN OF PAINT IS ALL YOU NEED, THEN REDUCE THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS BY 50%.
1. REMOVE CAN CONTENTS: (1) WHITEWASH: BAG OF PAINT POWDER OR (2) 3in1: BAG OF PAINT POWDER & OIL VIAL (the oil vial contains: Castor, Cinamon, Clove, Garlic, Peppermint, Rosemary & Spearmint oils which when opened smells GREAT, like an Italian Kitchen, but effectively repels insects & rodents from harming your protected plants.
2. EMPTY POWDER CONTENTS FROM BAG INTO CAN. ADD ONLY 1/4 CUP OF WATER TO MAKE A TREE PASTE. FILL CAN TO TOP TO MAKE THE BRUSH-ON SOLUTION WITH A CONSISTENCY OF A 50% DILUTED PAINT. LEAVE ROOM FOR STIRRING.
3. ADD THE OIL VIAL CONTENT [3-IN-1 PRODUCT ONLY]
4. FILL THE REMAINDER OF THE CAN WITH WATER.
5. STIR WELL EVERY 5-10 MINUTES WHILE USING THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE UNIFORMITY OF CONTENTS WHILE APPLYING PRODUCT TO TREE TRUNKS AND/ OR BRANCHES.
6. APPLY WITH A PAINTBRUSH. SPRAYER MAY BE USED IF CONTENTS FILTERED THROUGH A FINE STRAINER.
1-PINT SIZE CAN WILL COVER AT LEAST A DOZEN YOUNG TREE TRUNKS (3 GALLONS SIZE) WITH A SINGLE COAT.
Both “3-in-1” and “WhiteWash” formulas, pint-size can, may be used to make up to 5 gallons of Ready-To-Use Spray for complete plant protection: including foliage, sunscreen & pest repellent spray. Ideal application at the time of transplanting plants and trees & times of extreme weather. Make a 23oz spray bottle by adding 1/2 to 1/3 teaspoon powder, with 5-10 drops of oil, add water. Filter product through a strainer first, to avoid the possibility of clogging.
I’m Mitch Ross, IV Organic® V.P. of Sales, and have been with the IV Organic Team since early 2020, and I am proud to be a part of making thousands of these Made-In-America products for organic gardeners & orchards across the world!